IHG Green Engage™ System
What is Green Engage?
Green Engage is an innovative program which allows IHG to design, build and run even more sustainable hotels. The hotel is tailored to ensure that you, our guests, continue to have a memorable stay with us while at the same time reducing your impact on the environment.
How does choosing a Green Engage Hotel make a difference?
When you stay in a Green Engage hotel, you can rest assured that you are making a personal commitment to greener and more responsible travel. Thanks for joining us in this effort.
As a brand new hotel, every effort has been made to ensure the construction of the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport is to the highest of environmental standards. When building and planning the hotel every last detail has been considered:
- Holiday Inn Manchester Airport is seeking to become certified under the BREEAM accreditation system.
- The building is designed to achieve a reduction of CO2 emissions. This has been achieved through the implementation of passive design and energy efficiency measures, including optimisation of glazing g-values to reduce solar gain, improved building fabric u-values, improved air tightness and the implementation of air source heat pumps as a low and zero carbon measure.
- Holiday Inn Manchester Airport is designed to limit the effect of light pollution from artificial light on local amenity, intrinsically dark landscapes and nature conservation.
- The layout of the hotel development has been designed to create an inclusive and accessible environment. Care has been taken to ensure that the development takes full account of guests with accessibility needs in relation to the following statutory legislation and guidance.
- With a compact footprint of the hotel design in the layout, scale, massing, materiality and appearance of the property meet an expectation for a high quality of design and placemaking as part of the Manchester Airport Sustainable Development Plan.
Did you know?
- Painswick Park Meadow is located approximately 450 metres to the northwest of the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport. It is a site of biological interest (SBI) as area of meadow grassland and of botanical interest.
- Holiday Inn Manchester airport benefits from a number of public transport connections, with rail, bus and light rail connections all within 250m of the hotel. The main access point for public transport is at Manchester Airport train station, which is connected to Terminal 2 by means of an elevated Sky Bridge pedestrian walkway link. The footpaths and cycleways connect the hotel directly with the Station. Terminal 2 has an established network of pedestrian and cycle access in place which the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport connects into
- The meeting rooms are orientated towards the entrance where glazed wall elements offer a steady north light into the spaces without direct glare.
- The site the hotel was built on was brown belt land, nevertheless, any shrub planting had the potential to support nesting birds and as such, any vegetation clearance was undertaken outside of the period March to August inclusive when bird species were likely to be breeding. All vegetation was checked for active nests by an ecologist less 24 hours prior to clearance to ensure no active nests were found. Prior to planning an Appraisal of the hotel site was carried out by certified ecologists to assess the potential suitability of the hotel building to support protected and notable species in the area.